A couple days ago, I published a post about Hawaii Business magazine’s Top 100 Realtors list. If you’re looking to buy or sell a home on Oahu, here are two more resources for finding a top-quality real estate agent to work with.
Aloha Aina Realtor Awards
Each December since 1998, the Aloha Aina Realtor Awards have been given to 10 Realtors who are nominated by the public for their outstanding client service. The 2010 recipients of the Aloha Aina Realtor Awards are:
- Yvonne Jaramillo Ahearn, Home Shoppe Hawaii
- Judy Barrett, Judy Barrett, REALTOR®
- Jase Bennett, Staples Realty, Inc.
- Sharon Chai, East Oahu Realty, Inc.
- David Kucic, Hawaii Military Realty, Inc.
- Nelly Liu, Nell Properties
- Melanie Long, Pacific International Realty
- Julie Meier, Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Lynn Plantz, Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Michelle Valera, Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
Realtor of the Year Award
Since 1958 — even before Hawaii was a state! — Honolulu Board of Realtors gives its Realtor of the Year Award to a Realtor who has contributed significantly to the real estate industry and the general public. Winners from the last five years are:
- 2010: Mary Flood, D.R. Horton-Schuler Homes
- 2009: Berton Hamamoto, Property Profiles, Inc.
- 2008: Shelly Campbell, RE/MAX Honolulu
- 2007: Judith Kalbrener, Altera Real Estate
- 2006: Wendell M.Y. Wong, Aloha Pacific Properties