13 Mobile Apps & Web Apps For Hawaii Living
The City & County of Honolulu has a new webpage, Can-Do Honolulu, which includes a directory of mobile and Web-based apps that provide useful information if you live (or want to live) in Hawaii. And they’re all free!
The apps (11 so far) are:
- MapMyRide – Maps bike routes throughout Hawaii and tracks your activity.
- Honolulu Map and Walking Tours – Provides turn-by-turn walking directions, photos, and background info on different places of interest in Honolulu.
- Waikiki Island Guide – Search for special deals on Oahu tours, attractions, accomodations, restaurants, and more. View screenshots of iPhone version.
- TripIt – Builds travel itineraries using your flight, hotel, and rental car confirmation emails. View
- CrimeMapping – Maps recent crime activity on Oahu.
- TheBusHEA – View the schedule for TheBus, Oahu’s public bus system.
- Honolulu Tsunami Evacuation Zones – Search by address (Oahu only) to see if you’re located in a tsunami evacuation zone, and where your nearest shelter is. (Don’t have an Android phone? Want maps for islands other than Oahu? View Web-based maps from the Pacific Disaster Center.)
- Festivals of Hawaii – Search by island, category, or “near me” to find current events happening in Hawaii.
- HI Landmarks – Maps Oahu landmarks based on your current location and provides background info on each.
- Kokua Traffic – Maps the 20 most recents traffic incidents on Oahu.
- Disaster Alert – Lists and maps any active hazards (according to the Pacific Disaster Center) such as tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, flooding, high surf, and high winds.
I have 2 more recommended apps to add to this list:
- GoAkamai – This Web-based app displays real-time Oahu traffic conditions on a map and via traffic cams, and provides quick links to each island’s public bus system, airports, current roadwork, and more.
- HulaCopter – This mobile app (currently for iPhone, Android version coming soon) allows you to search for last-minute deals on Oahu tours, spas, excursions, and other activities based on your likes and location.
- On February 03, 2017