Another ‘Green Home’ Open House Tomorrow
A newly constructed 5-bedroom house in Kaneohe on Oahu will be open to the public tomorrow, Sat. July 30, 2011, 10am-3pm at 45-610 Huinawai Place. The home was certified “green” at the “gold level” by the National Association of Home Builders.
The house’s eco-friendly features include:
- A 15-panel, 4.8-kilowatt solar photovoltaic system (installed by RevoluSun)
- LED-recessed lighting
- EnergyStar appliances
- Pre-engineered structural beams and trusses, which minimize the number of lumber cuts needed
- Recycled trim, drywall, and flooring
- Terraced driveway, which allows water to drain back into the soil instead of flowing into the street
- Covered lanai that serves as an outdoor dining area
- Zero-VOC paint
- Laminate flooring made of 80 percent post-consumer material
- Recycled-fiber carpet
- Ecobatt insulation
The house was designed by Archipelago Hawaii and constructed by Mokulua Woodworking. Representatives from both companies and other contractors involved in the project will be on hand to answer your questions about building a green home in Hawaii.
This will be the second “green home” open house on Oahu this month. In early July, an open house was held for another green home built in the Kaimuki district of Honolulu.
- On February 04, 2017